To benefit World Bicycle Relief
- Intelligentsia Cup Prairie State Cycling Series Team and Parking Guidelines
- Zipcar Sponsors Cat 2/3 Series
- Intelligentisia Cup Parnters with Fyxation to bring Fixed Gear Racing to Chicago Criterium Course
- SIGMA USA Sponsors Intelligentsia Cup Prairie State Cycling Series
- Intelligentisia Coffee Prairie State Cycling Series to Resurrect Classic Downers Grove Criterium Course
- Sun-Times Highlights Prairie State Series in Summer Fun Guide
- Intelligentisia Coffee Continues Title Sponsorship of Prairie State Cycling Series
- USA Cycling adds Intelligentsia Cup Prairie State Cycling Series to NCC
- Latest News Archive
Willow Springs Road Race
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Willow Springs Road Race Delights
The Intelligentsia Cup returned road racing action to the well-known Willow Springs road race course and the overwhelming response was a big thumbs up! In the men’s race Michael Chauner (Island 200) put in a brave solo attack on the finishing circuits to take the win while Tina Pic (Fearless Femme) rode off a teammate’s lead-out to take the uphill sprint on the top of the finishing climb.
Earlier in the day the amateur races went off without a hitch with both field sprints up the climb and small breakaways ending the races. Michael Heagney (Intelligentsia) continued that team’s strong results in the Master’s 1/2/3 race. The very fast category 2/3 race was another highlight with Konrad Witt (ABD) netting a hard-earned win.
Thanks go out to all of the volunteers who pitched in to marshall the course, and a special thanks to the Village of Willow Springs police department who ensured our racer were completely safe on course all day!
Race Communique #1
July 22nd, 2014
Intelligentsia Cup Prairie State Cycling Series Team and Parking Guidelines
Thanks for joining us at the Intelligentsia Cup – Prairie State Cycling Series (PSCS).
We are anticipating a safe, exciting, fun filled week that brings high-energy bike racing action to communities throughout the Chicagoland area. All of us have many audiences, stakeholders and the public in general to considers when we bring our events to a local community.
In order to ensure we are welcomed back to the venues please help us make the racing day safe and enjoyable for all participants, spectators, sponsors, community hosts, residents and business owners by following these guidelines:
- Park in legal on-street parking or designated parking areas.
- Please do not block race officials and announcers line of site with team vehicles or team tents.
- Keep roadways and public right of way such as alleys and especially sidewalks clear of vehicle, tents or chairs.
- Please help race officials, medical providers, fire and police keep participants and spectators safe by making sure they have access onto the course and sidewalks at all times.
- No tents or other obstructions within 200 meters of the finish line unless prearranged with PSCS.
- Always secure permission from property owners before parking on private property.
We hope to provide some of the most competitive and enjoyable bike racing in the Chicagoland this summer. Please help us by letting us know if you have any suggestions or questions by contacting us:
2014 Annouced Intelligentsia Cup Dates
Friday, July 18
Vista Health System Waukegan Criterium
(Criterium - Waukegan, IL)
Saturday, July 19
Northwestern Medicine Lake Bluff Criterium & Block Party
(Criterium - Lake Bluff, IL)
Sunday, July 20
Tour de Crystal Lake
presented by Visit McHenry County
(Criterium - Crystal Lake, IL)
Wednesday, July 23
Willow Springs Road Race
(Road Race - Willow Springs, IL)
Thursday, July 24
12th Annual Beverly Hills Cycling Classic
(Criterium in the Chicago community of Beverly, IL)
Friday, July 25
Elmhurst Cycling Classic
(Criterium - Elmhurst, IL)
Saturday, July 26
(Criterium - Chicago, IL)
Sunday, July 27
Downers Grove Criterium
(Criterium - Downers Grove, IL)
Zipcar Sponsors Cat 2/3 Series
Zipcar Offers Discounted Membership and FREE Driving Credit During Series
Zipcar, the world's largest car sharing service, joins the Intelligentsia Cup in sponsoring the Category 2/3 omnium series with the overall series winner receiving a FREE Zipcar membership and $75 in driving credit!
"Zipcar has long been a supporter of the cycling community and we’re proud to be sponsoring this year’s Intelligentsia Cup," said Charles Stephens, general manager of Zipcar Chicago. "Biking, riding and walking are a great complement to Zipcar and with Zipcar, members can get themselves and their bike, where they need to be."
In addition to the prize for the overall Category 2/3 winner, Zipcar is offering a special Intelligentsia Cup sign-up promotion. Join for $55 (regular is $80) and get $55 in free driving credit! Use promo code "CYCLING." Learn more about Zipcar and sign up at www.zipcar.com/cycling.
Intelligentisia Cup Parnters with Fyxation to bring Fixed Gear Racing to Chicago Criterium Course
"Fyxation Open" Fixed Gear Criterium Added To Racing Docket
Chicago - Fyxation, a leading manufacturer of urban bicycles, and the Intelligentsia Cup, the premiere bicycle racing series in Chicagoland, announced today the first annual Fyxation Open fixed gear criterium race on July 26 as part of the Chicago Criterium event of the Intelligentsia Cup Prairie State Cycling Series.
The Fyxation Open will be held on the Chicago Criterium race course in the heart of downtown Chicago between the pro women and pro men main events. This will be a true fixed gear criterium and only racers riding fixed gear track style bikes with drop bars and no freewheel or brakes will be eligible to compete. The field limit is set at 75 riders and will be available on a first come/first served basis.
Riders will be eligible to win over $1500 in cash, prizes and race primes from Fyxation and a host of other sponsors including Chrome Industries, All City Cycles, Nutcase and ABUS.